Risa is the Vice President of the Namibian Triathlon Federation and has done some extreme events over the last couple of years, lets see what she has to say…
1.What is the biggest rookie error that you have made
I Started running with my helmet on.
Also too much sunscreen and my goggles kept slipping off. Had to stop every 100m In the swim. When you are a weak swimmer.. 😂
2. When did you start with your Triathlon and Endurance sport journey?
I have always have been a runner, only started triathlon about 3 years ago. Loved it instantly!
3. What is your biggest achievement with regards to Triathlons.
Sandman win. Ironman finish in the top 30 age group. Duathlon National Champ.
4. What advise do you have to the new triathletes out there
Just do it. If it has crossed your mind, you are halfway there! Get a coach or a guide that knows and understands you, and start small. Consistency is key. Always. Everyone can do it.
5.What is your best training tips
Don’t undo the hard work you have put in by skipping a rest day. And don’t forget to have fun always. Your soul is important!
6. What was your biggest fear in your first Triathlon?
Getting in that water. The dark waters is an untamed monster. But if I can do it, anyone can.
7. What was your most embarrassing moment in Triathlon/Endurance sports?
Showing up at a marathon and realised I still have slippers on. 🤦🏼♀️😢